Friends of the University John Lambert Undergraduate Scholarship
06 March 2020
DonorFriends of the University of Newcastle
The Friends of the University were established in 1981 to foster an awareness of the university and its place in the community, and to conduct activities including fundraising that promote the interests of the university. Since that time, via their biennial book fair, the Friends have raised over $1,000,000 and contributed towards scholarships, art works, music, rare books, infrastructure and more. This scholarship was established by the Friends of the University to support a student who has completed the Open Foundation course and is enrolling in an undergraduate degree in the following year. John Lambert was the treasurer for the Friends from 1991 – 2001. John Lambert was a university academic, mathematician and computer expert. His management and recording of book fair finances earned the comment from one of the senior organisers of the fair that “he is the very engine room of the book fair”.
Applicable to: Open Foundation, high achievers, educational or financial disadvantage.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the first year of an undergraduate program at the University of Newcastle.
- Have previously completed an Open Foundation program in the year prior to undergraduate enrolment.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic achievement by an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent of 75 or higher for commencing students.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a benefit of $4,000, paid as $2000 after the semester one and two census dates.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. Applications will be ranked against the eligibility criteria and academic results from Open Foundation studies taken into account.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759