Hunter Water Corporation Indigenous Scholarship
03 March 2021
DonorHunter Water Corporation
The Hunter Water Corporation Indigenous Scholarship aims to support an Indigenous University of Newcastle student studying in the area of media, marketing, communication, business, or engineering.
Hunter Water operates across the traditional country of the Awabakal, Birpai, Darkinung, Wonaruah and Worimi peoples. For the last 125 years Hunter Water has provided drinking water, wastewater, recycled water and some stormwater services to a population of almost 600,000 people in homes and businesses across the Lower Hunter. Hunter Water is committed to diversity in the workforce and making a lasting difference across our communities. It is the intention of this scholarship to create a relationship between the successful recipient and Hunter Water. The successful recipient may be offered the opportunity of paid work experience and potentially a graduate position at the completion of their degree.
This scholarship was established in 2018.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of a University of Newcastle program in the area of media, marketing, communication, business or engineering.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A personal statement (approx. 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievements, career aspirations in the relevant area of study, and how this scholarship would assist you.
- Documents for establishing Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander status with UON. Please see list of accepted documents here: https://www.newcastle.edu.au/establishing-status-docs
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $22,500 over the full 3-year tenure, provided ongoing eligibility for the term of the scholarship.
The scholarship is $7,500 annually to be paid as $3750 each semester after the relevant census dates (usually in April and September).
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of assessment of the application and supporting documents against the eligibility criteria. An interview may be held if required.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759