College of Engineering, Science and Environment Relocation Scholarship
08 January 2022
This scholarship was established to provide support for students outside the Hunter and Central Coast regions to relocate to Newcastle and study eligible programs within the College of Engineering, Science and Environment (CESE).
The scholarship provides financial assistance to the successful recipient as well as access to guaranteed on-campus accommodation where conditions for this are met.
This scholarship application is open now to Year 12 students who are aiming to receive an offer to a program with the College of Engineering, Science and Environment in UAC January Round 2.
Applicants seeking to take up the offer of guaranteed on-campus accommodation will need to apply to University of Newcastle Student Living no later than 12 January 2022.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be applying for an undergraduate program with the College of Engineering, Science and Environment offered at Callaghan Campus in our main School Leaver offer round (UAC January Round 2).
- Be a Year 12 School Leaver, having completed secondary school in the year prior to commencing your degree.
- Be relocating to Newcastle from a region outside of the Hunter and Central Coast regions. Refer to excluded postcodes under 'Selection'.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident (includes New Zealand Permanent Residents).
- Award of the scholarship will be conditional on fulltime enrolment (30 units each semester) in an eligible program for students who receive an Australian Tertiary Entrance Rank (ATAR) of 85 or higher.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- You may be required to provide documents to support your educational disadvantage claims. These will be identified when you apply based on your individual application responses.
The scholarship provides access to guaranteed on-campus accommodation and a total financial benefit of $5,000. The scholarship benefit will be paid as:
- A $3,000 contribution toward accommodation, payable directly to on-campus accommodation (if accepting an offer with Student Living).
- A payment to the recipient of $1,000 following semester 1 census date and $1,000 following semester 2 census date (usually in April and September).
Applicants for the Scholarship must complete and submit the relevant scholarship application online.
Applications will be assessed against the eligibility criteria and selection will be based on academic merit, namely Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR), and postcode of home address in the year prior to admission. Where applicable, available scholarships will be allocated across 3 target areas:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Low Socio-Economic Status
- Rural and Remote.
Selection excludes the following postcodes:
Scholars receiving this scholarship remain eligible for the CESE High Achiever, CESE Gender Equity, and CESE Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) Scholarships.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.