Our researchers drive discoveries that challenge conventional thinking, break new ground and change lives.
Working alongside our industry and community partners, we’re making a difference in Australia and around the world.
We’re also shaping the workforce of the future, by involving our students in the search for new knowledge and giving them opportunities to be part of solutions to the world’s greatest challenges.
Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
Research Engagement and Impact (EI)
- Stand-out areas in our latest Engagement and Impact (EI) assessment were education; engineering; studies in creative arts and writing; and language, communication and culture.
- We also received strong marks for chemical sciences; medical and health sciences; built environment and design; studies in human society; and law and legal studies.
- We are one of nine universities in Australia to receive high ratings across all assessment indicators for engineering.
- We are one of only four universities to receive high ratings across the board for our education research.
- See our impact stories or visit our University's page on the Australian Research Council website.
Research awards and honours
- Our University is home to some of the world’s most well-regarded researchers.
- We have earned national and international accolades for work in engineering; health and medical research; education; Indigenous studies and more.