Global Innovation Chair Professor and Director
Prof. Vinu is the Global Innovation Chair and Director of the Global Innovative Center for Advanced Nanomaterials at the University of Newcastle, a position he has held since October 2017.
T: +61 2 4921 8669
Natalie Downing’s experience at the University of Newcastle is extensive spanning more than 20 years in various positions including Deputy Director - Global Innovation Centre for Advanced Nanomaterials (GICAN), Associate Director – Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, General Manager - Campus Life, Manager - Residential Life, Head of College - Edwards Hall and Assistant Academic Registrar in a number of faculties. Natalie has a particular interests in research support, student and staff engagement, internationalisation, and student recruitment.
T: +61 2 4921 7994
ARC DECRA Fellow
Dr Inyoung Kim is conducting research on development of novel 2D nanohybrid materials for electrocatalytic hydrogen evolution reaction as part of her DECRA project funded by ARC in 2017. Her research interests are in exploring nanohybrid materials with unique physicochemical features and the analysis of their local atomic structure using X-ray absorption spectroscopic (XAS) techniques.
T: +61 2 4921 8932
Organising Committee Members
- Prof. Seong-ju Hwang | EWHA Womans University, South Korea
- Dr. Dong Soo Shin | Changwon National University, South Korea
- Prof. K. Byrappa | Mangalore University, India
- Prof. R. Jayavel | Anna University, India
- Prof. Mariam Al Maadeed – Qatar University, Qatar
- Prof. Jiabao Yi, - GICAN, UON, Australia
- Dr. Alister Page | School of Environmental and Life Sciences, UON, Australia
- Dr. Gurwinder Singh | GICAN, UON, Australia
- Dr. Gopalakrishnan Kothandam | GICAN, UON, Australia
- Dr. Kripal S. Lakhi | GICAN, UON, Australia
- Dr. Siddulu Naidu Talapaneni | GICAN, UON, Australia
- Dr. Jae-Hun Yang | GICAN, UON, Australia
- Prof. Eunkyoung Kim, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Dr. Kavitha Ramadass | GICAN, UON, Australia
- Dr. Stalin Joseph | GICAN, UON, Australia
- Dr. Sai Anand Gopalan | GICAN, UON, Australia
- Dr. C.I. Sathish | GICAN, UON, Australia
- Prof. Qin Li, Griffith University, Australia
International Advisory Committee Members
- Prof. Markus Antonietti, Director, MPI of Colloids and Interfaces, Dept. of Colloid Chemistry, Research Campus Golm, Germany
- Prof. CNR Rao, JNCASR, Bangalore, India
- Prof. P.M. Ajayan, Rice University, USA
- Prof. Zhong Lin Wang, Georgia Tech, USA
- Prof. Takuzo Aida, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Prof. Chennupati Jagadish, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
- Prof. J. H. Choy, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, South Korea
- Prof. Martin Hartmann, Director, Erlangen Catalysis Research Resource Center, University of Erlangen, Germany
- Prof. Yoshio Bando, CEO, MANA, National Institute for Materials Science, Tsukuba, Japan
- Prof. Toshiyuki Mori, Group Leader, National Institute for Materials Science, Tsukuba, Japan
- Prof. Katsuhiko Ariga, National Institute for Materials Science, Japan
- Prof. K. N. Ganesh, Director, IISER Tirupati, India
- Prof. K. B. Yoon, Sogang University, Seoul, South Korea
- Prof. Chang-Sik Ha, Pusan National University, Pusan, South Korea
- Prof. Sung Hwa Jhung, Director, Korean National University, South Korea
- Prof. Kazunari Domen, The University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Prof. Arivuoli, Director, Crystal Growth Center, Anna University, India.
- Dr. Khalid Albahily, Chief Scientist, SABIC, Saudi Arabia
- Prof. GD. Yadav, Director, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai, India
- Prof. S. Inagaki, Toyota Central Laboratory, Nagoya, Japan
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.