- Achieve fundamental advances in security concepts and techniques and their application to distributed system and networked computing technologies
- Conducting and exploiting world class research
- To enable secure design of policies, systems and applications to improve security in organisations
Our research addresses security techniques for Distributed Systems, Cloud Infrastructures, Internet and Big Data Applications, Wireless and Mobile Networks, Internet of Things, Mobile and Smart Infrastructures, and Malware and Secure Systems Design.
Our research is aimed at
- Improving the understanding of security and trust requirements in systems and networks
- Developing security and trust models
- Designing security services and mechanisms and security management
- Conducting formal verification and analysis of security properties
- Developing Practical Security Solutions for various business segments such as healthcare, defence, smart infrastructure, finance and internet scale applications.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.