UON researchers scoop reproductive biology awards
UON reproductive science researchers have been highly recognised with a host of awards at the Society For Reproductive Biology (SRB) Conference.
The Society for Reproductive Biology fosters and promotes basic and applied research in reproduction, fertility and development directed towards improving health, agriculture and conservation.
Awards to UON researchers included:
- PhD (Biological Sciences) candidate Nicole Camlin was named the winner of the Science Meets Publican competition. The competition invited Early Career Researchers and PhD students to present a 60 second elevator pitch in aim to promote their scientific research to the general public.
- Dr Kate Redgrove from the School of Environmental and Life Sciences, received this year's prestigious Hudson Institute of Medical Research Mid-Career Research Poster Award for providing the best poster presentation
- Dr Pradeep Tanwar, of the School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy and a member of the Priority Research Centre in Reproductive Science, was awarded the 2016 Newcastle Emerging Research Leader Award. The ARC Future Fellow and Cancer Institute NSW Career Development Fellow has developed a strong international profile in the field of Reproductive Tract Organogenesis and Oncogenesis and his work is published in high-profile journals including PNAS, Nature Genetics, Cancer Research and PLos Genetics. It is the first time a UON researcher has won the award.
A number of UON researchers were also named finalists:
- Dr Kirsty Pringle, of the School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, was a finalist for the Newcastle Reproduction Emerging Research Leader Award
- PhD (Biological Sciences) candidates Brendan Houston, Nicole Camlin and Sally Hall, and Manish Jhamb (FHEAM), were four of the six finalists for the Oozoa Student award sponsored by Oozoa Biomedical.
- Dr Elizabeth Bromfield (FSCIT) and Sarah Delforce (HMRI) were finalists for the David Healy New Investigator Award.
- Centre Director convenes third international wine studies conference during Fulbright program
- Collaborate to Innovate program set to improve local business collaboration
- Dwyer gives public lecture on Broken Bones, Broken Stones: Iconoclasm in World History
- 2020 University Galleries Internships | Apply Now!
- Endeavour Leadership Program to Kenya