CIFAL Newcastle signs agreement at UN Headquarters
CIFAL Newcastle is officially part of the CIFAL Global Network, after a new cooperation agreement between the University of Newcastle and UNITAR was signed at the United Nations headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
CIFAL Newcastle is the first CIFAL centre to be established within a university (from its inception), and the first to be established in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. The University was thrilled to be selected by UNITAR to host CIFAL Newcastle, due to its leadership in innovative training on disaster management and emergency response.
CIFAL Newcastle offers training activities on disaster management and risk reduction, and the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals at the local level.
- University of Newcastle and TAFE NSW join forces for stronger Hunter and Central Coast post-COVID recovery
- Call for Entries: 2020 Karen Thrift Prize for Poetry and Lyrics
- Criminology expert in police accountability comments on George Floyd case
- ‘Felix’ to transform fertility for millions of couples worldwide
- Major funding boost to explore the health impacts of recent bushfires