Peer Mentor applications for 2021 now open!
That nervous "new student feeling" happens to pretty much everyone, which is why the Peer Mentor Program was created.
Do you remember your first few weeks at uni? Getting lost on campus at every turn, not knowing where to find your textbooks, or not knowing what events were on and how you can meet new friends?
That new student feeling happens to pretty much everyone! Which is why the Peer Mentor Program was created.
The Peer Mentor Program recruits students ready to share all their uni knowledge to pass on to new students, just when they need it. Not only will you enhance someone’s university experience, but you’ll also build your own interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, as well as your participation being recognised on your AHEG statement and towards the University’s iLead Plus program.
The Program also now uses Vygo - a matching app that lets new students choose their mentor based on their profile and what they're interested and inspired by!
If you're ready to make a difference to a new student's life, apply to be a 2021 Peer Mentor today.
- International recognition for University’s green initiatives
- Threadgold’s book Youth, Class and Everyday Struggles wins 2020 Raewyn Connell Prize
- University of Newcastle and ARTC on track to boost STEM participation in regional communities
- Family and friends online support program expands to cover all addictions
- Alliance of four universities to deliver game changer in education