Mentors and ambassadors
Whether you need assistance with your course, are having trouble finding your feet on campus, or just feel as though a helping hand and a friendly face would make your life a little easier, a mentor is a great way to ease into your time at the University.
Peer mentors are second or third-year students who offer a relaxed, friendly way of helping new students to adjust to life at uni.
Student Ambassador Program
Ambassadors are enthusiastic, outgoing students who engage with future students, their parents and schools by sharing your own positive experiences and passion for the University.
As a Student Ambassador, you will support the Future Students team through targeted recruitment and engagement initiatives including:
- delivering presentations to prospective students about your degree and university experience
- visiting local high schools to promote studying at the University of Newcastle
- attending career expos within NSW
- leading campus tours and assisting with on-campus events, such as Open Days and Schools Visit Days
- sharing your experiences on social media channels such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- assisting with student enquiries via email or social media during peak seasons
- providing a personal profile and appearing in University promotional tools such as the website and publications
Not only will being a Student Ambassador look great on your resume, it’s also a paid role!
How to apply
Submissions to be considered for the Student Ambassador team will open late semester 2, 2019 through CareerHub.