Lync rollout complete
A busy two month period for IT Services has seen Microsoft Lync deployed to more than 6500 staff.
Microsoft Lync is a state-of-the-art cloud based communications tool that allows staff to call, see, instant message, and share documents and information with colleagues.
Using a computer, tablet, or mobile device, staff will now be able to use the latest communication technology provided by Lync to connect and collaborate across buildings and campuses - avoiding the common frustrations associated with venue availability, travel time and parking fees.
By using Lync, UON staff will be able to:
- call or meet with colleagues, students and other associates from their desk, meeting venue, or a remote location (conference calling)
- collaborate on documents and applications (desktop sharing)
- let colleagues know their availability and or to quickly check in on a colleague's availability before setting out to a visit them (presence)
- text another colleague in real time (instant messaging)
- share and send files as part of any Lync communication, without the need to use email
Learning from last year's Staff Email Project, the project team has been able to better prepare deployment groups and schedules.
A small number of staff may not have had Lync installed. If you have an IT managed computer on the University network and Lync has not been installed please contact the 17000 IT Service Desk.
The project team would like to express its appreciation to everyone who has helped to make the deployment of Lync a great success for the University.
For further information about Lync and its benefits please refer to University Collaboration - Lync
- Unify Project Team