1. Apply for a place in the Study Abroad / Exchange Program
- Contact an official representative of your home institution to find out if you have a current or formal agreement with the University of Newcastle.
- Decide on the courses you wish to study
- Complete all relevant sections of the application form and attach certified copies of all supporting documents as listed below:
- An official transcript of your student record
- Evidence of English Proficiency as per policy
- Exchange students must have a supporting cover letter from their home institution confirming nomination.
- Copy of your passport
2. Receive and review your offer
Successful applicants will receive an offer of a place from the University which will provide information on fees, including tuition and OSHC fees, the date of commencement and duration of the program of study and the refund policy.
If you have supplied a list of courses you wish to participate in, their approval or non approval will be addressed on your offer. Be sure to make sure you read and understand all aspects of your offer letter. After reviewing your offer, if you believe it needs amendment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org prior to any further action.
It is a condition of your student visa to have Overseas Student Heath Cover (OSHC) through an approved Australian provider for the duration of your student visa. Please note that travel insurance and your university insurance is not the same as OSHC.
3. Acceptance and Payment of Fees
To accept your place, you will need to accept the conditions of your offer and pay the deposit.
Payment Options when accepting online: To accept and pay online using your credit card go to myHub and follow the instructions. If you choose the 'Accept without payment' option you will not be able to go back and later make a payment through myHub and therefore must use the payment option listed below. You are only able to use this option if you have received an unconditional offer.
Payment Options when accepting by email: You can make a payment by Credit Card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Please see the last page of your offer letter for payment options.
4. Arrange your visa and accommodation
Once your acceptance and payment has been received and processed by UoN, you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) which is required for you to apply for a student visa at the Australian Diplomatic Post in your country.
When the time comes to make your travel arrangements, you will need to decide where to live when you are in Australia. There are a number of different accommodation options for students attending the University of Newcastle. You should make this a priority as there is always high demand for accommodation of all kinds in Newcastle.