- Read the Course Outline.
- Register here.
- Prerequisites: None
R is quickly gaining popularity as a programming language of choice for statisticians, data scientists and researchers. It has an excellent ecosystem including the powerful RStudio development environment and the Shiny web application framework.
But getting started with R can be challenging, particularly if you've never programmed before. That's where this introductory course comes in.
Join us for a live coding workshop where we write programs that produce results, using the researcher-focused training modules from the highly regarded Software Carpentry Foundation.
- Programming concepts and techniques
- Basic syntax, control structures and data types in R
- How to load external data into R
- Ways to visualise data
- How to use factors for category data
- Best practices for writing code in R