Getting started with HPC
Tuesday, 24 July 2018, 09:30 am — Tuesday, 24 July 2018, 04:40 pm
- Register here.
- Prerequisites: Basic familiarity with Unix shell.
Is your computer's limited power throttling your research ambitions? Are your analysis scripts pushing your laptop's processor to its limits? Is your software crashing because you've run out of memory? Would you like to unleash to power of the Unix command line to automate your analysis and then apply those skills to run your analysis on supercomputers that you can access for free? High-Performance Computing (HPC) allows you to accomplish your analysis faster by using many parallel CPUs and huge amounts of memory simultaneously. This 1-day course will introduce you to the Unix environment and show you how to transfer your data onto, and run software on HPC infrastructure.
- Use the the Unix command line to work with HPC
- Get your data onto a supercomputer
- Run analysis on a supercomputer using batch jobs
- Access the facilities available to you as a researcher