Schools Visit Day 2019
Wednesday, 13 November 2019, 09:00 am — Wednesday, 13 November 2019, 02:30 pm
The University of Newcastle’s School of Creative Industries invites your students from Year 10 and 11 to experience the Creative Industries at the University’s city campus at our upcoming Schools Visit Day.
This event is an exciting introduction to the Creative Industries for interested in Drama, Design and Technology, Entertainment Industry, Information and Digital Technology, Music, Photography, Video and Digital Technology, Visual Arts, Visual Design, Screen and Media. There will be interactive presentations, a showcase of university student work and students will be able participate in hands on workshops and helps kick off the first day of FESTIVAL X.
The day commences at the Harold Lobb Concert Hall at Newcastle Conservatorium of Music, followed by a series of workshops and break out groups across the City Campus that provide students with a hands on opportunity to explore the following subject areas in our state of the art facilities:
- Music – musicians, composers, songwriters, music producers
- Performing Arts – actors, performers, storytellers
- Communication – filmmakers, radio presenters, public relation officers, journalists
- Creative Industries – Entrepreneurial creatives, project managers, event creators
- Visual Communication Design - Artists, graphic designers, animators, illustrators, UX and game designers
Workshops and activities will be led by current and former students who will provide valuable insight into student life on campus, career pathways and creative possibilities. Most importantly, these interactive workshops will be fun and engaging! No boring PowerPoint presentations or dull lectures!
This is a free event but numbers are limited so please register your school’s attendance today.
We look forward to welcoming your students to the University of Newcastle.
Important event information:
- Transport Information: Coach Drop off is alongside Civic Park on Auckland St Newcastle between King St and Laman St or there is a 5 minute drop off point on Laman St outside the Conservatorium of Music. Please note there is no coach parking available in this area. The nearest light rail stop is Civic opposite the Civic Theatre. On street parking is very limited in the area and the nearest parking station is on Gibson St Newcastle, a 5 minute walk from the University Campus. View the Newcastle city centre parking map for detailed information
- Dress: Students are expected to wear full school uniform and due to space restrictions are not able to bring large school bags with them.
- Staff Morning tea: Staff are invited to a morning tea where there will be an opportunity to meet SOCI staff in a relaxed and informal setting
- Lunch: Lunch will be provided at the New Space campus green. Basic dietary requirements will be catered for but all food allergies cannot be accommodated. Please advise students with severe food allergies to provide their own food.
- Supervision: We reccommend 1 teacher accompany each 10 students to ensure students are supervised and gain the most value from the day.
For further information, please contact email@example.com or call 02 4921 5133.