[CANCELLED] Connecting Country Land and Culture Festival
Friday, 29 May 2020
|Location:||The Wollotuka Institute|
This event has been cancelled until further notice.
The Wollotuka Centre of Indigenous Engagement and Advancement in partnership with NSW Local Land Services presents a two day land and cultural festival focused on increasing community access to cultural heritage and local land management projects.
The festival event will engage with a wide variety of local service providers, entertainers and workshop facilitators to deliver an interactive educational experience for communities within the Upper and Lower Hunter region.
The festival will welcome primary and secondary school students on the first day and community members on day two.
There will be lots to see and do:
- Contemporary Aboriginal and Torres Strait dance performances
- Live music by local artist and the UON School of Creative Industries
- Land management service providers
- Interactive workshops and skill development sessions
- Art and cultural activities
- Local Aboriginal health service providers
- Community garden competition
Friday hours: 10:00am-3:00pm
Saturday hours: 10:00am-4:00pm