Now the 'idea' person and the 'business' person can be the same person.
The Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship will enable you to think distinctively, creatively and critically in a business environment. The degree provides the skills required to develop entrepreneurial ideas into successful new ventures, or work within existing businesses in an innovative way.
This degree is designed to stretch your imagination and start you down a path of a successful future in an increasingly dynamic commercial world. Your experiences will enable you to think globally and see the big picture, but also give you the tools and networks to dream big and act as a change agent.
Embedding business, innovation and entrepreneurial knowledge into a combined degree program will see you as a leading candidate when applying for jobs in both the public and private sectors, both nationally and internationally.
Why study with us?
- Employers prefer our graduates - The work-ready skills you will gain from this degree will give you a substantial edge in the jobs market, which is evident with 84.9% of Bachelor of Business graduates securing employment within four months of completing their degree. (Overall employment rate - 2018 Graduate Outcomes Survey).
- Hands-on and innovative - Develop your entrepreneurial flair and gain the business know-how to create innovative solutions for society and organisations. We connect you to innovative experiences that build your skills and broaden your networks, such as the Microsoft Protégé Innovation Competition. Our Innovation Hub provides opportunities for students to meet with innovators, start-ups and developers to collaborate and challenge the conventional.
- Make global connections - Take part in international immersions, placements, student exchange and leadership programs in countries all over the world.
- Study at NeW Space - a $95 million state-of-the-art education precinct located in the heart of Newcastle.
- Work Integrated Learning opportunities - we design courses and programs that enable you to develop your professional skillset.
- Build your networks - when combined with Business or Commerce, the BusCom Student Association is a vibrant student community that provides professional networking opportunities through industry partnerships.