We are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy of your personal and health information. For information about our privacy practices, see the University's:
We collect and hold information about you that is directly related to our role as a university. We ensure that all personal information is accurate, complete and up to date, and stored securely.
Use and sharing
We access and use your personal information only for the purposes for which you gave it to us. We will only disclose information about you to government agencies or other organisations without your permission:
- if necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested,
- if required or authorised by law, or
- to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's health.
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you
- You can ask us to correct any errors and/or place additional information on your file
- If you have questions or concerns about the way your personal information has been handled by the University it is recommended that you first contact the Privacy Office on the number below.
- If you are aggrieved by the way the University has handled your personal information you have a right to seek an Internal Review. The NSW Privacy Commissioner has independent oversight of the Internal Review process and may contribute to the review. You can request an internal review (DOC, 114KB) by filling in this form.
- You can also contact the Information and Privacy Commissioners' Office for external advice.
Private i — your ultimate privacy survival guide is a resource developed by the Australian Government about privacy issues that you may face, some of the pitfalls to avoid, and who to turn to for help if your privacy has been affected.