The review of business fundamentals and the basic ingredients of a business plan are vital for sustainable enterprises. Business Venturing examines the processes of creating new business enterprises bringing together many concepts including the business idea, relevant resources, personal commitment and entrepreneurial drive, and a marketable product or service. Emphasis will be placed upon understanding the most essential aspects of each concept and the implications for application in relevant business contexts.
- Semester 2 - 2015
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Analyse the primary components of creativity
2. Outline strategies to enhance business creativity and the development of business ideas
3. Discuss the entrepreneurial process
4. List and outline strategies to screen business ideas
5. Identify and explain the main components of a business plan
6. Prepare a business plan, incorporating both autonomous and collaborative work processes
7. Present the business plan to potential stakeholders in both oral and written formats conducive to audience and purpose.
8. Demonstrate an awareness of the standards necessary for appropriate professional practice and ethical conduct and their implementation.
9. Work towards identified targets using set working methods and describing periodic progress for their achievement.
Lectures may include, but are not restricted to, the following topics:
- Introduction to Business Venturing in Australia
- Creativity in Business Venturing and Sources of Ideas
- Innovation and Strategic Competitive Advantage
- Preliminary Venture Evaluation
- New Venture Strategies
- Venture Feasibility Analysis and the Business Plan
- The Entrepreneurial Process
- Entrepreneurs - The Personal Factor
- Financing the New Venture
- Commercialising the New Venture
- The Business Life Cycle: Or How will Your Business Grow?
- Franchising: A Special Form of Business Venturing
- Role of I-Commerce in Business Venturing
Proposal / Plan: Group Written Business Plan
Presentation: Group Business Plan Presentation
In Term Test: Mid Semester Exam
Formal Examination: Final examination
Ourimbah and Callaghan
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks