This course deals with transistor amplifier circuits, multi-stage transistor amplifiers, differential amplifiers, power amplifiers, operational amplifiers, feedback amplifiers, and non-linear analogue circuits. The above areas along with analogue-to-digital and digital-to-analogue conversion are developed with view to interfacing sensors to computer equipment. Practical issues when implementing high-performance analogue electronic systems are also discussed.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Trimester 3 - 2020 (Singapore)
- Trimester 2 - 2020 (Singapore)
- Semester 2 - 2020
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to perform signal and frequency response analysis of analogue transistor circuits.
2. Identify the structure, describe the operating principle, and perform analysis of multi-transistor, power amplifier, feedback and operational amplifier circuits.
3. Produce evidence-based documentation of complex analogue circuit analysis.
4. Avoid the common practical mistakes when implementing high-performance analogue circuits.
- Single Transistor Amplifier Circuits (Small Signal Analysis, Frequency Responses)
- Multiple Transistor Amplifier Circuits (Multistage, Cascode, Differential Amplifiers)
- Power Amplifiers (Class A, B and AB)
- Feedback Amplifiers (Topologies and Stability)
- (Nonlinear) Operational Amplifier Circuits
- Analog-to-Digital Conversion
- Practical Issues with Implementation of High-performance Analog Circuits
Written Assignment: Written Assignments
Tutorial / Laboratory Exercises: Lab Exercise 1-5
Formal Examination: Formal Examination
Callaghan and PSB Singapore
Face to Face On Campus 10 hour(s) per Term Full Term
see timetable for further details
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term