Each year the Conservatorium of Music offers scholarships to current and future students under the age of 18 (or vocalists aged up to 25). Music scholarships include part or full payment towards the cost of single study lessons, with the additional benefit of public performance/recording opportunities.
2021 Conservatorium Scholarship offerings include four Full Scholarship and four Quarter Scholarships.
- Full Music Scholarships include weekly 30-minute instrumental lessons, plus the option to join a Conservatorium Ensemble, and participate in Music Craft lessons.
- Quarter Music Scholarships include a 25% reduction in Single Study fees.
- Students are required to film/record (simply using a device such a phone) a piece of their choice (no longer than 5-minutes), and upload the performance to YouTube or a sharable Google drive
- At the end of the audition performance clip students are encouraged (not compulsory) to say a few words around their musical interests and aspirations
To apply please complete all required fields in the online form and most importantly your link to your audition.
Applications close the 27th of November 2020 and applicants will be notified of the outcome by COB, 17th of December 2020.
- Assessors do not provide written performance feedback
- University students are not eligible to apply.
For further information, please contact the Conservatorium of Music on 4921 8900 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To submit an application please follow the link to Eventbrite https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/conservatorium-community-music-scholarships-2021-tickets-125830152373
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.