ARC Discovery Project (DP)/DECRA presentation - presented by Natasha Whyte and Prof Brett Ninness on 1 February 2013. Download a copy of the Research Office presentation (PDF).
Download a copy of Brett Ninness' presentation (PDF).
Funding Rules have been released and are available on the ARC website at the following address: http://www.arc.gov.au/ncgp/dp/dp_fundingrules.htm
The Discovery Projects scheme provides funding for research projects that can be undertaken by individual researchers or research teams. A variety of Fellowships are also offered under the scheme.
- Draft applications due to Research Office - 4 February 2013
- Strategic Statements (for DORA applicants only) - 6 February 2013
- Request to Not Assess form due to Research Office - 13 February 2013
- Final applications due to Research Office* - 20 February 2013
- ARC closes - 6 March 2013
* Please note applications received after the Research Office final application due date will not be eligible for a University of Newcastle Near Miss grant.
- Instructions to Applicants
- Funding Rules
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Draft Funding Agreement
- Medical & Dental Research: Definition
- Request Not to Assess Form
- Classification Codes
- Application Checklist
- Sample Application Form
- Certification Proforma (Due to Research Office by 20 February 2013)
The Research Office holds copies of successful ARC Discovery Project grant applications. If you would like to make an appointment to view these please contact Neroli Finlay on extension 15353.
Please note: From 2013, ARC's GAMS system will no longer be available. All new applications as well as final reports will need to be submitted in RMS.
To access RMS follow the instructions on the ARC web site.
Should you require further assistance using RMS please contact Neroli Finlay via email or on extension 15353.
Minimum System Requirements for using RMS
To access RMS your computer will need to meet minimum systems requirements. These are listed below:
- 1024 x 768 Minimum Screen Resolution
- Adobe Flash Player 10 + (To install Flash Player, go to http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html)
Tools for Completing Your Application
Confidentiality and IP
Please note: The ARC used to warrant confidentiality. Now the Funding Rules state "the ARC gives no undertaking to keep confidential any information provided in the Proposal except where required by law".
Due to this change it is now recommended that the researcher submitting a research project with potential IP which could be patented/exploited or involves an Industry Partner which requires confidentiality should insert the following sentence at the start of the Project Description within their application:
"The following project is disclosed to the ARC in confidence for the purpose only of applying for ARC Funding."
Useful Information for preparing your applications
Australian Taxation Office Allowances
Important Notes regarding Lodgement of ARC applications:
Validate and Local Submit the application in RMS.
In RMS generate a PDF copy of the application.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org advising application submitted in RMS.
- Deliver to the Research Office the ARC Certification and Clearances form. This form must be signed by the applicants and their respective Heads of Schools. Your application will not be submitted until the signed copy has been received.
If you have a current ARC grant, please see the ARC reporting requirements page.