ARC Centres of Excellence
ARC Centres of Excellence are prestigious foci of expertise through which high-quality researchers maintain and develop Australia's international standing in research areas of national priority. Through ARC Centres of Excellence, a high level of collaboration occurs between universities and other organisations in Australia and overseas.
The round for funding commencing in 2014 includes an initial expression of interest stage opening on 10 April 2013. Applicants in the expression of interest stage will be shortlisted and invited to submit a full application, due to the ARC on 1 August 2013.
For more information, visit the ARC web site
Closing Dates for EOI
- Draft applications due to the Research Office - 17 April 2013
- Final Applications due to the Research Office - 24 April 2013
- ARC closes - 8 May 2013
Closing Dates for Full Application
- Draft applications due to the Research Office - TBA
- Final Applications due to the Research Office - TBA
- ARC closes - 7 August 2013 - To be confirmed
Enquiries should be directed to Elianne Renaud via email or on (02) 4921 7308.
- Instructions to Applicants and Frequently Asked Questions
- Funding Rules
- Draft Funding Agreement
- Medical & Dental Research: Definition
- Request Not to Assess Form
- Classification Codes
- Application Checklist (not yet available)
- Sample Application Form (for EOI)
- Certification (Written Evidence) Proforma (not yet available)
Please note: From 2013, ARC's GAMS system will no longer be available. All new applications as well as final reports will need to be submitted in RMS.
To access RMS follow the instructions on the ARC web site.
Should you require further assistance using RMS please contact Neroli Finlay via email or on extension 15353.
Minimum System Requirements for using RMS
To access RMS your computer will need to meet minimum systems requirements. These are listed below:
- 1024 x 768 Minimum Screen Resolution
- Adobe Flash Player 10 + (To install Flash Player, go to http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html)
Tools for Completing Your Application
Confidentiality and IP
Please note: The ARC used to warrant confidentiality. Now the Funding Rules state "the ARC gives no undertaking to keep confidential any information provided in the Proposal except where required by law".
Due to this change it is now recommended that the researcher submitting a research project with potential IP which could be patented/exploited or involves an Industry Partner which requires confidentiality should insert the following sentence at the start of the Project Description within their application:
"The following project is disclosed to the ARC in confidence for the purpose only of applying for ARC Funding."
Useful Information for preparing your applications
Australian Taxation Office Allowances
Important Notes regarding Lodgement of ARC applications:
Validate and Local Submit the application in RMS.
In RMS generate a PDF copy of the application.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org advising application submitted in RMS.
- Deliver to the Research Office the ARC Certification and Clearances form. This form must be signed by the applicants and their respective Heads of Schools. Your application will not be submitted until the signed copy has been received.
If you have a current ARC grant, please see the ARC reporting requirements page.