Policies and Guidelines
University Policies Relating to Animal Research
The following procedures are relevant to Researchers carrying out Animal Research. If you have any questions about any of these policies, please contact an Animal Ethics Officer.
- Animal Research Policy
- Animal Care and Ethics Committee Procedure*
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Peer Review of Research Proposals Submitted for Ethics Approval Procedure
- Monitoring of Animals Used for Research or Teaching
- Use of S4 and S8 Drugs
- Infection Prevention and Control for Blood Borne Pathogens Guidelines
*Please note: As of February 2013, the Animal Care and Ethics Committee Procedure has been updated. The above document replaces the current ACEC Procedures document as well as the following procedure documents:
- Effective Surveillance and Monitoring of Projects
- Entry of Animals into Approved Protocols
- Responsibilities of Chief Investigators
- Modus Operandi, Communication and Reporting
- Training and Professional Development of ACEC members.