Applying for admission to the Study Abroad or Exchange programs is simple and there are a number of different ways to do this.
Secure your place at UoN
1. Apply for a place in the Study Abroad/Exchange Program
- Decide on the courses you wish to study and
- complete the Study Abroad application form
- contact an official representative of the University in your country or the International advisor at your home University.
- Complete all relevant sections of the application form and attach certified copies of all supporting documents as outlined in Supporting Documents (including all grades for all courses taken).
- Send the completed application form to International Admissions at UoN or to an official representative of the University in your country.
2. Receive your offer
Successful applicants will receive an offer of a place from International Admissions which will provide information on the tuition fees, health insurance fees, the date of commencement of the program of study and the refund policy.
If you have supplied a list of courses you wish to participate in, their approval or non approval will be addressed on your offer. Be sure to make sure you read and understand all aspects of your offer letter.
If an application is unsuccessful, applicants will receive an explanatory letter.
3. Acceptance and Payment of Fees
To accept your place, you will need to accept the conditions of your offer and pay the deposit.
Payment Options when accepting online: To accept and pay online using your credit card go to myHub and follow the instructions. If you choose the 'Accept without payment' option you will not be able to go back and later make a payment through myHub and therefore must use the payment option listed below. You are only able to use this option if you have received an unconditional offer.
Payment Options when accepting by fax or email: You can make a payment by Credit Card or Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Please contact the Study Abroad office to request bank details or a credit card payment form that you can then return with your paper based offer acceptance found at the end of your offer letter.
4. Arrange your visa and accommodation
Once your acceptance and payment has been received and processed by UoN, you will receive a Confirmation of Enrolment (aCoE) which is required for you to apply for a student visa at the Australian Diplomatic Post in your country.
When the time comes to make your travel arrangements, you will need to decide where to live when you are in Australia. There are a number of different accommodation options for students attending the University of Newcastle. You should make this a priority as there is always high demand for accommodation of all kinds in Newcastle.
5. Register your Arrival
Once you have completed the above steps and have purchased your air tickets for your time abroad, please register your arrival details to notify us of your flight and intended travel arrangements.