Thinking and Working Mathematically
Provides students in Education programs with an insight into the nature of problem-solving in mathematics. In particular, within the scope of the mathematics they have studied, the students will become aware of the process of using mathematics in open-ended problems, the way in which new mathematics can be developed, and mathematics as a human endeavour. Encourages students to think mathematically and increase students' confidence in their mathematical ability.
- Semester 1 - 2015
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Been introduced to the process of problem-solving
2. Explored a variety of approaches to problem solving
3. Increased confidence in their ability to think mathematically and to solve mathematical problems.
- Working mathematically - approaches to problem-solving
- Thinking mathematically - problem-posing, generalising, conjecturing, linking.
MATH1900 or equivalent
Written Assignment: Assignment 1
Written Assignment: Assignment 2
Written Assignment: Assignment 3
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Workshops will be incorporated into lecture timeslots as appropriate.