|Course code INFT2012||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
Continues the development of programming concepts and skills that was begun in INFT1004 Visual Programming. A different programming language is used, broadening the students' experience. Students' understanding of problem solving and of program design, implementation, and testing will be reinforced and extended, with the development of applications more advanced than those in INFT1004.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||On completion of this course students will be able to: |
1. Understand the role of computer programming in information technology applications for solving problems within organisations;
2. Select the appropriate language, and algorithm for a given task;
3. Create programming applications in a different language from that used in INFT1004.
4. Demonstrate advanced application programming skills.
|Content||1. Programming methodologies |
2. Program design and development tools
3. Programming language syntax
4. Problem solving techniques
|Replacing Course(s)||INFT2010 Applications Programming 2|
|Transition||Credit cannot be obtained for both INFT2010 and INFT2012.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Computer Lab: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for INFT2012|