Continues the development of programming concepts and skills that was begun in INFT1004 Introduction to Programming. A different programming language is used, broadening the students' experience. Students' understanding of problem solving and of program design, implementation, and testing will be reinforced and extended, with the development of applications more advanced than those in INFT1004.
Availability2020 Course Timetables
- Semester 1 - 2020
- Semester 1 - 2020
- Trimester 3 - 2020 (Singapore)
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Understand the role of computer programming in information technology applications for solving problems within organisations;
2. Select the appropriate language, and algorithm for a given task;
3. Create programming applications in a different language from that used in INFT1004.
4. Demonstrate advanced application programming skills.
- Programming methodologies
- Program design and development tools
- Programming language syntax
- Problem solving techniques
INFT1004 or SENG1110
Written Assignment: Practical programming test
Written Assignment: Programming assignment
Formal Examination: Final Examination *
* This assessment has a compulsory requirement.
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
Course Assessment Requirements:
- Formal Examination: Minimum Grade / Mark Requirement - Students must obtain a specified minimum grade / mark in this assessment item to pass the course. - Students whose overall mark in the course is 50% or more, but who score less than 40% in the compulsory item and thus fail to demonstrate the required proficiency, will be awarded a Criterion Fail grade, which will show as FF on their formal transcript. However, students in this position who have scored at least 25% in the compulsory assessment item will be allowed to undertake a supplementary 'capped' assessment in which they can score at most 50% of the possible mark for that item.
Callaghan, Ourimbah and PSB Singapore
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term starting in week 2
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term starting in week 1