Professional Placement in Exercise and Sports Science
|Course code EXSS3040||Units 10||Level 3000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Environmental and Life Sciences|
This course allows students to integrate real world skills and experience with theoretical concept and knowledge obtained during their degree program. Students will be offered the opportunity to undertake work-integrated learning. The course involves 100 hours of work experience with a professional in two out of three different sectors of the exercise and sports science industry.
This course has a Compulsory Course Component. Students must satisfactorily complete 100 hours of approved work placement in order to pass the course.
In order to participate in this course, students must complete a compulsory Work Health and Safety requirement. Students will receive full information on this Compulsory Course Component in the course outline provided by the School.
Available in 2015
|Objectives||On successful completion of this course the student will be able to: |
1. Communicate effectively with clients, peers and the public in a professional manner consistent with the Code of Conduct for Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA);
2. Demonstrate professional behaviour in actions, attitudes and demeanour at all times;
3. Demonstrate completion of work experience in at least two sectors of the Exercise and Sports Science industry totalling 100 hours;
4. Critically evaluate their work experience performance and analyse their own professional strengths and weaknesses.
|Content||- 100 hours of work placement in the Exercise and Sports Science industry|
- Development of communication skills in a professional environment
- Professional code of conduct and obligations
- Professional development
|Replacing Course(s)||SPOR3040 Professional Preparation & Practice|
|Transition||Cannot be counted for credit with SPOR3040 Professional Preparation & Practice|
|Assumed Knowledge||EXSS3040 has course prerequisites. Students must successfully complete EXSS2070 (or SPOR2070) before they can enrol in EXSS3040.|
Assumed Knowledge. EXSS1010 or SPOR1010, EXSS2010 or SPOR2010, EXSS2050 or SPOR2050, EXSS2030 or SPOR2030, EXSS3010 or SPOR3010 (or concurrent enrolment in EXSS3010).
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Practicum: for 100 hour(s) per Term for Full Term|
Lecture: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 1 weeks
Tutorial: for 8 hour(s) per Week for 2 weeks
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EXSS3040|