Graphic Design Fundamentals
|Course code EPARTS192||Units 10||English Language & Foundation Studies Centre|
This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of design as a thoughtful process. It examines the tools and concepts that underlay the design process. Students are introduced to graphic skills, required within the design professions, building a knowledge of materials and equipment and an understanding of graphic modes. Emphasis is placed on the development of an awareness of the design process as well as skills in creative layout and presentation of design work. Topics covered in this course, through project development, contribute to the recognition of the value of diversity in design & visual communication solutions.
Available in 2015
1. acquire basic skills in layout and typography.
2. gain basic knowledge of digital design production skills.
3. understand and relate the use of symbolism to a design brief.
4. understand and demonstrate the application of design elements and principles to specific tasks.
5. understand and demonstrate methods of presenting of artwork.
6. gain skills in analysis of design.
|Content||Topics may include:|
1. elements and principles of design.
2. answering a design brief.
3. design analysis.
4. concept development.
6. layout design.
9. basic scanning
10. introduction to design technology.
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 7 weeks|
Studio: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 7 weeks
Computer Lab: for 2 hour(s) per Week for 6 weeks
|Timetables||2015 Course Timetables for EPARTS192|