Australian School Leadership
This course brings together Australian education policy, research and practice to explore the nature of school leadership in contemporary Australia.
- Semester 1 - 2015
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the Australian education policy context;
2. Investigate the impact of different policy players on schools and schooling; and
3. Critically engage with contemporary policy issues facing Australian school leaders.
Indicative content will include:
- The Australian education policy structure
- The Australian school system
- National, Federal and State education policy
- Historical education policy moves in Australia
- International education policy trends
- Educational leadership as the mediator of policy
This course replaces the following course(s): EDUC6032. Students who have successfully completed EDUC6032 are not eligible to enrol in EDUC6352.
Essay: Essay : Trends in Australian Education Policy
Written Assignment: Term Paper: Analysis of the impact of policy on school leadership
Integrated Learning Session
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks
Classes are usually scheduled in 2hrs per week, but may be compressed in workshop form, blended modes, or completed as equivalent online.