This course brings together Australian education policy, research and practice to explore the nature of school leadership in contemporary Australia.
- Semester 1 - 2022
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the Australian education policy context;
2. Investigate the impact of different policy players on schools and schooling; and
3. Critically engage with contemporary policy issues facing Australian school leaders.
Indicative content will include:
- The Australian education policy structure
- The Australian school system
- National, Federal and State education policy
- Historical education policy moves in Australia
- International education policy trends
- Educational leadership as the mediator of policy
This course replaces EDUC6032. If you have successfully completed EDUC6032 you cannot enrol in this course.
Essay: Essay: Trends in Australian Education Policy
Written Assignment: Term Paper: Analysis of the impact of policy on school leadership
Integrated Learning Session
Online 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.