PE Studies 4: Invasion Games
Students will develop knowledge and teaching skills relating to the principles and practices of teaching a range of invasion games. Students will apply movement principles and develop both performance and teaching skill competencies across a range of core team sports that focus on invasion as the major game strategy. Specifically, students will examine the rules, tactics and appropriate pedagogical strategies that enable the design and delivery of learning experiences in Soccer, Touch, Rugby League, Rugby Union and Australian Rules.
- Semester 2 - 2017
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. demonstrate key teaching skills of particular movement/motor skills used in invasion games;
2. demonstrate an ability to perform various motor skills related to invasion games;
3. demonstrate an understanding of the rules and tactics that apply to a range of invasion games;
4. demonstrate an understanding of the key pedagogical strategies relating to the presentation of activities for invasion games in school and community settings;
5. demonstrate an ability to identify effective teaching practices relating to invasion games;
6. demonstrate relevant safety issues relating to the teaching of invasion games;
7. demonstrate an understanding of the role and value of invasion game learning experiences in the broader school curriculum.
- Touch Football
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Australian Rules
Students must meet the Teacher Education Milestone and be active in B Teaching (Health and Phys Ed) (Honours), or B Teaching (Primary) (Honours) programs to enrol in this course..
Enrolment in this course is dependent on meeting the teacher education admission milestone of successful completion of - Three HSC band 5s (including one in English) or - 80 units of UoN courses or - BOSTES approved comparable pathways or - Commencement in the program pre 2016
Presentation: Presentations: Group
Formal Examination: Examination
Face to Face On Campus 3 hour(s) per Week for 12 Weeks