|Course code CMNS2040||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Science and Information TechnologySchool of Design, Communication and IT|
Provides students with the skills, knowledge and ability to critically engage with, discuss and evaluate music video genres, history, aesthetics, production, evolution and budgeting. Students will produce a music video in groups, utilising digital video equipment and working with local musicians.
In order to participate in this course, students must complete a compulsory Workplace Occupational Health and Safety requirement. Students will receive full information on this Compulsory Course Component in the course outline provided by the school.
Not available in 2015
|Previously offered in 2014|
|Objectives||In this course students will:|
1. develop skills, knowledge and understandings relevant to music video production;
2. develop creative problem solving skills;
3. develop independence and self-reliance when attempting to realise an artistic vision that is tied to budgetary limits;
4. apply their knowledge in a variety of genres within an ethical and aesthetic framework;
5. develop critical skills when relating to music video genres and their production.
|Content||1. Music video history and evolution|
2. Music video budgeting, planning and pitching
3. Music video production
4. Music video editing
5. Copyright issues
7. Safety on sets
8. Production design
|Assumed Knowledge||CMNS1030 and CMNS1040 or CMNS1230 and CMNS1004. It will be assumed that students can demonstrate understanding and the ability to implement digital video production methods and post-production methods utilising software programs. Software and camera operation will not be taught in this course - it is assumed knowledge. It is also assumed students will have an understanding of key concepts in communication and media studies.|
|Modes of Delivery||Internal Mode|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning|
|Contact Hours||Workshop: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 7 weeks
Workshop: for 1 hour(s) per Week for 1 weeks