Provides students with the skills, knowledge and ability to critically engage with, discuss and evaluate music video genres, history, aesthetics, production and budgeting. Students will produce a music video in groups, with a focus on live performances and working client based scenarios with local musicians.
Not currently offered.
This Course was last offered in Summer 3 - 2019.
On successful completion of the course students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate skills, knowledge and understandings relevant to music video as a promotional tool
2. Reflect critically on existing music videos, their own work and the work of their peers
3. Demonstrate a critical understanding of style, form and content by making a music video as live performance and/or narrative
4. Execute a client-based brief that is tied to budgetary and time constraints with independence and self-reliance.
- Music video history
- Music video budgeting, planning and pitching
- Music video production
- Music video editing
- Copyright issues
- Safety on sets
- Production design
CMNS1230 Foundations of Media Production, and CMNS1005 Media Production: Cinematography, CMNS1130 Media Production: Sound. It will be assumed that students can demonstrate digital video production methods and post-production methods utilising software programs. Software and camera operation will not be taught in this course - it is assumed knowledge
Project: Assessment 1 Music Video Edit (group/pairs)
Project: Assessment 2 Music Video Shoot and Edit
Written Assignment: Assessment 3 Reflection on practice
In order to pass this course, each student must complete ALL of the following compulsory requirements:
General Course Requirements:
- Workshop: Induction Requirement - Students must attend and pass the induction requirements before attending these sessions. - In order to participate in this course students must complete a compulsory safety induction (equipment usage).