Reinforced Concrete Design
Covers the structural design of reinforced concrete and prestressed concrete members. Topics include the structural design of reinforced concrete slabs (including two way slabs and flat plates), beams, columns and footings; prestressed concrete beam.
- Semester 2 - 2015
1. Understand basic reinforced concrete and prestressed concrete concepts.
2. Understand design process
3. Sizing of reinforced and prestressed concrete members
4. Structural design of a realistic structure
5. Ability to design and check for serviceability (crack and deflection) and ultimate limit state conditions in accordance to the Australian Standard AS 3600-2009.
- Materials - concrete, reinforcing and prestressing steel.
- Design process and analysis of concrete structures.
- Design of reinforced concrete slabs, beams, columns and footings and prestressed concrete beams.
- Design and detailing of connections in concrete structures.
Content covered in course CIVL2130 Theory of Structures 1.
Written Assignment: Design Assignments
Formal Examination: Formal Examination
Face to Face On Campus 4 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
Lecture: 2 x 2 hrs p/week for full term.