Texture, Text & Event Making in Creative & Performing Arts
|Course code CAPA2001||Units 10||Level 2000||Faculty of Education and ArtsSchool of Creative Arts|
This course introduces areas that are fundamental to the Creative and Performing Arts, including Theatre, Performance, Drama, Visual Arts and Sound in a variety of contemporary cultural contexts. It develops approaches to collaboration introduced in CAPA1001. The course introduces analytical and practical approaches needed for the understanding of the use of gesture, image, movement, text and sound in a creative work such as a time based event, performance, installation or media based work. It will explore a range of creative and analytical approaches to concepts such as text, texture, representation, non-representation, abstraction, hybridity and narrative in a variety of contemporary cultural contexts.
Available in 2014
|Objectives||At the successful completion of this course, students will demonstrate: |
1. A critical appreciation of the relationship between gesture, image, movement, space, text and/or sound
2. The ability to identify processes in collaborative creative production
3. The ability to investigate theoretical and practical approaches to creative works, events and performance making in a range of critical and cultural contexts
4. Developing skills in the collaborative creation of works and/or events involving gesture, movement, space, text and/or sound.
|Content||This course explores and provides:|
• Case study exemplars of contemporary creative works that explore the relationship between gesture, image, movement, space, text and/or sound.
• A dynamic range of practical approaches and theoretical concepts for creating collaborative performances/events/works
• Experience in the collaborative process of creating new works in the creative and performing arts
|Assumed Knowledge||Successful completion of CAPA1001|
|Modes of Delivery||Flexible Delivery / Student Centred Learning|
|Teaching Methods||Problem Based Learning|
Experience Based Learning
|Contact Hours||Lecture: for 1 hour(s) per Week for Full Term|
Tutorial: for 2 hour(s) per Week for Full Term
|Timetables||2014 Course Timetables for CAPA2001|