Architecture Studio 2
This course facilities the development of fundamental design skills through the exploration of architectural concepts and processes. It seeks to develop the student's powers of observation, description, analysis and imagination. Primary architectural concepts of space, program and site are integrated around the notion of 'work' and presented through various representation modes.
- Semester 2 - 2016
1. Develop a sketch design proposal in response to a design brief
2. Undertake site and environmental analysis through site visit and research.
3. Present and argue design ideas graphically, verbally and with models.
4. Identify and interpret intellectual and ethical frameworks that inform architectural creative work.
Section and structure: Nature
Senses and space: Body
Materiality and representation: Display
Environmental design strategies: Sun and water
Site and structure: Landscape
The content of the Site Studies Module, integrated into the Architectural Design Studio, includes:
- Site visit skills
- Site survey, description and analysis
- Nature, landscape and site: history and theory
- Passive solar design
- Rainwater harvesting
This course is only available to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Design (Architecture) program.
ARBE1100 Communication in the Built Environment 1 + ARBE1200 Architectural Design 1A
Project: Design Project One
Project: Design Project Two
Face to Face Off Campus 6 hour(s) per Week for 1 Weeks
Sites Studies 1 Module (4U) comprises 4 x 2hr lectures, 2 x 2hr site visit and 1 x 2hr workshop
Face to Face On Campus 1 hour(s) per Week for 11 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 6 hour(s) per Week for 13 Weeks
Face to Face On Campus 2 hour(s) per Week for 1 Weeks