APR.Intern provides a platform for industry to further develop and innovate through short-term 3-5 month tightly focused research projects and gives postgraduate students the opportunity to apply highly analytical research expertise to the project while gaining invaluable experience in an industry setting.
Benefits of participating
- Research for Impact: Apply your PhD theory to an industry challenge
- Fast-Track Career: Build industry networks and enhance your CV
- Increase employability: Development your soft skills to support and complement research expertise
- Flexible Conditions: Explore tailored project arrangements
- Receive a stipend: Earning potential of $9k-$15K over 3-5 months.
APR internships are open to all PhD candidates who have successfully completed confirmation of candidature and are making satisfactory progress in the PhD program. You will need the support of your principal supervisor to pause your thesis research/writing for the duration of the internship.
Candidates receive a stipend ($3,000 per month) for the duration of the internship.
Participation requires a full-time commitment for the length of the project. Completion of an internship will not impact on the duration of your PhD candidature, or if applicable, scholarship.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.