Gather supporting documents
You will need to provide:
- An Expression of Interest (EOI) to participate in the program outlining why you want to study Law, what skills you possess to succeed at university, and your career goals.
- A copy of your two most recent school reports (clear coloured scanned copy or a certified black and white photocopy), demonstrating performance levels of:
- English (Advanced) of 75 or higher or English (Standard) of 80 or higher; and
- Two additional subjects at 75 or higher.
- A letter of recommendation for the program from your school Principal, Year Advisor, Subject Coordinator or Careers Adviser.
- A letter of recommendation from an Aboriginal Elder or Community member (this could be the Aboriginal Liaison Officer at your school).
- If you are a remote student without access to an ATAR-qualifying HSC English course but you wish to apply for this program, please contact us to discuss alternative ways to demonstrate your school achievement.
- Confirmation of Aboriginality and/or Torres Strait Islander (A&TSI) status as outlined within the University Policy.
NOTE: Newcastle Law School does not wish to discourage potential applicants who have achieved close to the above standards but have faced challenges that have limited their academic performance. If you have achieved a performance over 70% in three subjects, including English, and have faced complicating circumstances during your HSC studies, we welcome your application.
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.