University of Newcastle Academic High Performers Scholarship - Year 12 School Leavers
The University of Newcastle Academic High Performers Scholarship Program recognises the exceptional achievements and outstanding dedication of the high achieving applicants, across a range of cohorts, who are commencing their first undergraduate degree with University of Newcastle.
This scholarship program is available to high performing applicants, providing financial support of $10,000 each year for standard duration of degree (3-5 years) as well as opportunities for formal recognition by the Vice-Chancellor and access to leadership training and academic mentoring programs within your College.
For more information, please review the scholarship Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in any undergraduate degree with University of Newcastle.
- Be a Year 12 School Leaver, having completed secondary school in the year prior to commencing your degree.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Have achieved an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent interstate senior secondary admission rank of 99.00 or higher, not including adjustment factors.
- Have received an admission offer in the main school leaver admission round.
- Not hold a concurrent scholarship of equal or higher annual value.
- Not have previously received this scholarship.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- None Required.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $30,000 to $50,000 depending on the standard fulltime duration of your program.
The scholarship will be paid as $5000 each semester, paid after the relevant census dates with payment usually finalised in April and September.
No application is required for this scholarship as selection is based on your UAC admissions application.
Selection is based on academic merit as determined by rank used for your admission to University of Newcastle.
Offers will be made to the highest ranked applicants who satisfy the scholarship conditions. The offer will be sent following the relevant admission round.
If the number of eligible candidates exceeds the number of available scholarships, selection may consider (in order):
- Academic merit (ATAR/Selection rank).
- Locality, with preference being given to students relocating from a regional and rural areas of Australia;
- Recommendation from the Pro Vice Chancellor, Student Experience and Academic Registrar to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic).
- College of Engineering Science and Environment
- College of Health Medicine and Wellbeing
- College of Human and Social Futures
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.