University of Newcastle Sports Scholarships
03 March 2021
These scholarships are offered to encourage and support students with demonstrated sporting ability, and to contribute to the sporting achievements of the University. The purpose of these scholarships is to improve the quality of University of Newcastle sporting teams, raise the University's profile through sport, and establish a standard of excellence to complement the University's academic achievements.
Students are able to represent the University in a wide range of sports as members of University sporting clubs or at inter-university competitions. Student participation in sport is facilitated by the broad range of sporting facilities at the University which are among the best in the region.
To find out more about this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree or enabling program at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Have attained an equivalent sporting standard in the previous 2 years of selection at district representative level in the sport for an Under 17 or older age district team as a minimum.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Not have held this scholarship on more than one occasion previously (students who have held this scholarship for one year may re-apply for a subsequent year to a maximum of two years in total).
- Must not be a Professional Sports Person.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
These scholarships are for a benefit of $1500, paid after the census date in the semester in which the scholarship is offered.
Applications will be ranked and the scholarships will be awarded on the basis of demonstrated sporting ability, academic merit and commitment to the sporting achievements of the University. Interviews may be held.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.