UON Sports Scholarships
06 March 2019
These scholarships are offered to encourage and support students with demonstrated sporting ability, and to contribute to the sporting achievements of the University. The purpose of these scholarships is to improve the quality of UON sporting teams, raise the University's profile through sport, and establish a standard of excellence to complement the University's academic achievements.
Students are able to represent the University in a wide range of sports as members of University sporting clubs or at inter-university competitions. Student participation in sport is facilitated by the broad range of sporting facilities at the University which are among the best in the region.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an undergraduate degree or enabling program at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Have attained an equivalent sporting standard in the previous 2 years of selection at district representative level in the sport for an Under 17 or older age district team as a minimum.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Not have held this scholarship on more than one occasion previously (students who have held this scholarship for one year may re-apply for a subsequent year to a maximum of two years in total).
- Must not be a Professional Sports Person.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Completed UON Sports application form located at www.newcastle.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/403677/UON-Sports_Scholarships_App_2018.pdf
- Written References (max 2) confirming participation and selection in highlight events (if applicable).
- Any documents supporting your claims (such as CV, evidence of achievements, centrelink income statement). A list of required documents for educational disadvantage is available at https://www.newcastle.edu.au/disadvantage-supporting-docs
Seven (7) scholarships will be offered annually valued at $1500 each. The benefit is paid after the census date in the semester in which the scholarship is offered.
Scholarships must be submitted online via the scholarships website with the supplementary www.newcastle.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/320325/UON-Sports_Scholarships_Application_Form.pdf attached as a required document.
Applications will be ranked and the scholarships will be awarded on the basis of demonstrated sporting ability, academic merit and commitment to the sporting achievements of the University. Interviews may be held.
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Education and Arts
- Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment
- Faculty of Health and Medicine
- Faculty of Science
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759