*University of Newcastle - Hunter and Central Coast TAFE NSW Pathway Scholarship
13 August 2021
This scholarship has been established to support students commencing in the first year of an undergraduate degree with University of Newcastle, having recently graduated from a Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma with a Hunter or Central Coast campus of TAFE NSW.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
Two midyear scholarships are available to eligible students who commenced undergraduate study with University of Newcastle in either Semester 1 or 2, 2021.
Please check back toward the end of the year if you are a current TAFE student interested in applying for this scholarship in 2022.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Within the last 12 months, have graduated from a Certificate IV, Diploma, or Advanced Diploma with the Hunter or Central Coast locations of TAFE NSW.
- Be commencing in your first year of your first undergraduate degree with University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program of equivalent or more substantial benefit.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- You may be required to provide documents to support your educational disadvantage claims. These will be identified when you apply based on your individual application responses.
- An academic transcript and copy of your recent Certificate IV, Diploma, or Advanced Diploma award confirming study at a Hunter or Central Coast TAFE NSW campus.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $2500 paid in a lump sum following census date in the semester of award.
Selection of the scholar will be on the basis of assessment against the eligibility criteria and impact of educational disadvantage as demonstrated during the application equity assessment.
- College of Engineering Science and Environment
- College of Health Medicine and Wellbeing
- College of Human and Social Futures
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.