School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy Vacation Scholarship
This scholarship is for students who show a keen interest in and commitment to participating in supervised research relevant to the student's program of study in the School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of Newcastle, during the period December 2019 to February 2020.
For a list of available research areas, please check Blackboard and/or the list of topics available here.
Applications close midnight 08 November 2019. To apply, please email your written statement and topic/s preference to email@example.com with the subject lineSBSP Vacation Scholarship application by the close date.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the Bachelor of Biomedical Science or Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) programs in the School of Biomedical Sciences & Pharmacy.
- Demonstrate an interest in gaining experience in a research laboratory over vacation period.
- Students from other relevant undergraduate programs may apply if they meet the selection criteria.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A brief statement (maximum 300 words) outlining your preferred research topic/s, why you are interested in actively participating in a particular area of research, and future goals and aspirations.
- Scholarship Amount: $2,000
- Number of scholarships available: 10
Selection of the scholar shall be based on consideration of the written submission and academic merit. Recommendations shall be made by the Head of School, School of Biomedical Sciences and Pharmacy.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759