Crystalbrook Kingsley Environmental Scholarship
28 February 2022
Crystalbrook Kingsley would like to support students who will contribute to improving environmental sustainability in the hospitality industry. The Crystalbrook Kingsley Environmental Scholarship will support a student with a strong passion for environmental change and practical solutions for environmental sustainability, while providing a foundation for a collaborative and long-standing relationship between Crystalbrook Collection, students and the University for the benefit of our shared sustainability goals and communities. Crystalbrook Kingsley invites the chosen applicant to meet with the hotel to discuss their ideas on environmental change and how these could enhance, but not compromise the guest experience.
For more information on this scholarship, please view the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of an undergraduate Honours degree focused on environmental sustainability within the School of Environmental and Life Sciences at the University of Newcastle.
- Have an interest in practical solutions for environmental sustainability.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 6.0 or higher.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- A personal statement (approx. 1 A4 page) outlining your academic achievements, career aspirations in the relevant area of study, and how this scholarship would assist you.
- Up to 3 documents which demonstrate your academic achievement, such as awards and acknowledgements, participation in enrichment and travel programs or internships, academic competitions or challenges, your portfolio and/or cv.
- The application will include a free text question asking you to outline your interest in associated future opportunities with this donor and/or Industry partner.
This scholarship is a one-off lump sum payment of $5,000 after the relevant census date.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents, with reference to the eligibility criteria. Preference will be given to 4th year students completing an Honours degree.
Selection will be made by the College of Engineering, Science and Environment Selection Panel which will consist of a minimum of three members chosen by the PVC of the College.
All applicants will be notified of an outcome of their application via email. This will occur within 6 weeks of the scholarship application closing date.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.