BMG Indigenous Music Industry Scholarship - Law
03 March 2021
DonorBMG Australia and New Zealand
BMG Australia is the Sydney based office of the international BMG publishing and recording business that spans Europe, the Americas and the Asia-Pacific. Their mission is to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age through offering first-class creative support for their artists. In their Surry Hills loft space, BMG Australia houses 28 employees and offers 2 state of the art production rooms and a one-of-a-kind full service recording studio. BMG Australia is a playground for creatives looking to play a role in a new future for Australian and New Zealand music on the global stage. BMG’s artist and songwriting roster includes Peking Duk, Dope Lemon, Alison Wonderland, Crowded House, Dune Rats, Golden Features, Winston Surfshirt, CHAII, Hockey Dad, What So Not, Tim Minchin and Julia Stone amongst many others.
For more information, please review the full scholarship Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the final year of your Bachelor of Laws (Hons)/Diploma of Legal Practice or Juris Doctor/Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice with the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled either full-time or part-time.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
- Demonstrate academic progress with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 or higher and maintain this for the duration of scholarship.
- Be enrolled or be willing to enroll in course code LAWS6118 Final-year Workplace Experience (exceptions apply for LLB Hons & JD programs).
- If currently enrolled in LAWS6618, you must have at least 80 hours remaining placement hours to undertake the industry component of this scholarship.
- Applicants in either the LLB(Hons) or JD programs must be currently enrolled in the Practice Program and have not completed LAWS6118 be eligible for this scholarship.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
This scholarship is valued at $8,000 for the duration of one year, paid as $4000 after the semester one and two census dates.
This scholarship also provides opportunity to undertake your Work Integrated Learning course component as a placement with BMG Australia. Both scholarship and WIL component must be taken up in the year for which this scholarship is awarded.
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents, with reference to the eligibility criteria.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.