Andrew Brown Sport Scholarship
28 February 2022
Andrew Brown is a University of Newcastle Mechanical Engineering Alumnus who completed his degree in 1991. Andrew feels lucky to have the education and support he has and realises that others were not so lucky. Andrew was highly engaged in sporting clubs during his time at university and recognises the value that the clubs had during his time at university and in developing his networks.
In recognition of the important role that sports and university sports clubs played in his own development and educational experience, Andrew would like to support a student to enjoy the same benefits where financial hardship may otherwise prevent them from participating in tertiary study and sports activities.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year of an enabling program, undergraduate, or postgraduate (including Graduate Research) degree at the University of Newcastle.
- Be a member of, and play with, a University of Newcastle sporting team.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate impact of personal circumstances, such as carer, sole parent, financial hardship, English language difficulty, Indigenous Australian, long term medical condition or effects of abuse, disability, refugee status, regional/remote disadvantage.
- Demonstrate that the ability to study is affected, or will be affected, by financial hardship.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $4000 to be paid after the semester one census date (usually in April).
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents, with reference to the eligibility criteria.
- College of Engineering Science and Environment
- College of Health Medicine and Wellbeing
- College of Human and Social Futures
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.