Port of Newcastle Indigenous STEM Scholarship
03 March 2021
DonorPort of Newcastle
Port of Newcastle is the largest port on the East Coast of Australia. As a global trade gateway for more than 220 years, we deliver safe, sustainable and efficient logistics solutions.
This scholarship has been established to:
- To develop and attract the advanced skills that will be needed in the future technology-led port environment.
- Support students financially while encouraging them to pursue a career in a STEM-related industry and in turn provide them with an opportunity to participate in professional development within the Port of Newcastle.
- Promote Port of Newcastle’s commitment to education pathways and access to tertiary education for Indigenous students from the Hunter region.
- Demonstrate Port of Newcastle’s commitment to working towards improving the social, environmental and economic well-being of the Hunter and NSW.
Port of Newcastle are looking for students who reflect the Port of Newcastle’s values of community, well-being, integrity and curiosity and who are willing to engage with Port of Newcastle in professional development opportunities. The successful recipient will be contacted by a Port of Newcastle representative about professional developments and engagement opportunities.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in the first year of an undergraduate program at the University of Newcastle.
- Be enrolled in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics program (STEM).
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship provides a total benefit of $10,000 provided ongoing eligibility for the 2 year term of the scholarship.
The scholarship will be paid as $2500 each semester over 2 years after the relevant census dates (usually in April and September).
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents, with reference to the eligibility criteria.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759