Betty Josephine Fyffe Rural Allied Health Scholarship
06 March 2020
DonorThe late Mrs Betty Josephine Fyffe
Betty Fyffe was a local Tamworth girl who grew up in the surrounds of her father’s chemist shops. Betty had an absolute passion for Nursing and her strong feelings for St Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney where she trained and spent many years providing nursing treatment to many prominent Sydney personalities. Betty was not blessed with children so she put most of her energy into nursing.
Betty leaves this legacy as her way of trying to improve the education of doctors and nurses in training with hope that some will return to the country areas to practice their profession.
We hope that all recipients of a Betty Josephine Fyffe Scholarship be as passionate about their career as she was about nursing.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in 1st year of a B Nursing, B Midwifery (Hons), B Physiotherapy (Hons), B Nutrition and Dietetics (Hons), B Occupational Therapy (Hons), B Medical Radiation Science, or B Pharmacy (Hons) with the Faculty of Health and Medicine.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Have a minimum ATAR of 90, with adjustment factors NOT included.
- Have lived in a regional or remote area of Australia for at least 12 months within the two years prior to study.
- Demonstrate activity in your local community (for example volunteering or involvement in community projects).
- Be an Australian citizen.
- Not be the recipient of another UON Donor funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application reponses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
The scholarship currently provides a total benefit of $10,000 each year, paid as two lump sums of $5,000 each semester, in April and September.
The scholarships are ongoing for a maximum of 5 years provided ongoing eligibility is met.
Selection is based on assessment of the scholarship application and suitability for the individual scholarship.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759