McNair Foundation Indigenous Scholarship
03 March 2021
DonorMcNair Charitable Foundation
The McNair Foundation Indigenous Scholarship was established by the McNair Charitable Foundation in 2019 to support Indigenous students to complete their undergraduate studies at the University of Newcastle.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the full Terms and Conditions.
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in any year (including Honours) of an undergraduate program within the Faculty of Health and Medicine, or any undergraduate education program within the Faculty of Education and Arts.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Demonstrate academic progress either by the Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) or equivalent required for entry for commencing students, or a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0 for continuing students.
- Not be the recipient of another University of Newcastle donor-funded or sponsored scholarship concurrently.
- Identify as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander and be recognised as such by your community.
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
- Documents required may vary depending on your application responses. Please refer to the Your Documents section of your application for information on what you will need to provide.
This scholarship provides a benefit of $10,000 each year, paid as $5,000 each semester after the census date
This scholarship is ongoing for up to 3 years provided ongoing eligibility is maintained and must be taken up in the year for which it is awarded.>
Selection is a competitive process and will be based on assessment of the scholarship application and any required supporting documents. The Selection Committee will take into account prior academic achievement, community leadership, and involvement with extra-curricular activities.
Student Services Centre
University of Newcastle
CALLAGHAN NSW 2308
Phone: +61 2 4921 5000
Fax: +61 2 4921 5759
The University of Newcastle acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands within our footprint areas: Awabakal, Darkinjung, Biripai, Worimi, Wonnarua, and Eora Nations. We also pay respect to the wisdom of our Elders past and present.